Saturday, February 28, 2009

Good bye to Carol's Mom

Around my heart this question goes,
Where it stops nobody knows....

How does a person live on when their mother dies-
Who will understand their deepest heart cries?

How will they pick up the phone for a call
or want to just talk-for no reason at all?

Who's left to tell them the story of their birth
or remind them when down, of their value and worth?

Why is the whole world still functioning well
When the issues of Life are of heaven and hell?

Death creeps in silently, we knew it would come
Why do my cumbersome feet want to run?

Run from the sorrow
Run from the pain
Run to the sunshine and
out of this rain.

Run to the Savior
Who knew I'd be sad
Run to His arms
He's all that I had

From the moment of birth
to the second of death
He is all that I have
He's all that is left.


Written upon hearing of the death of my friend Carol's Mother, a precious friend and woman of God. February 27, 2009 with Jesus.

This woman is also the great grandmother of my twin grandchildren Evelyn and Aidan Lacock.

No comments: